Monday 12 October 2009

Sickness forces pull out of course!

Despite the headline, it's not all over, but for one week only, I had to leave the course after only 1 hour sitting in the room.

The course is three and a half hours each Thursday night, but last week, with the way I was feeling, and you know what I mean if you read my "man flu" blog the other day, it was npt good, sitting there about 200 degrees, eyes looking like a road map, and my head pounding like a drum, there was no way it was going to let me concentrate on the week's work in the course.

With about 45 minutes of being there, I went into a sneezing fit, and that was the final straw, I couldn't be there any longer, but I did manage to complete a few things, which were:

  • Frames
  • Linking Between Frames
  • Inserting Java Applets

The Frames piece was a tad confusing, as it included terms like Framesets, and Frames within Framesets, so it did get a bit difficult to understand at one stage, and then linking between frames was just as challenging to follow!

Finally, learning how to insert the Java Applets, this was good to see, as Blogger obviously uses a few of these, and it was good to relate things back to this, which can only help on the course.

That was that though, and I pulled out of the evening's session due to sickness, but the good thing is you can take work home with you, and so I picked up the next three workbooks which cover:

  • Creating a Button Using Microsoft Paint
  • Animated Gifs
  • Signing up for Free Web Space
  • Royalty-free Images
  • Jpeg file compression

The plan is to have my extra session "at home" on Wednesday night, so I'll update once I have that before returning to college on Thursday evening.

It still all feels worthwhile, and when the lecturer said that I was ahead of where I should be last week, then that was a comforting thought with me feeling ill!

That's it for today then!

No comments: